What is the purpose of the event?
How do I find information about parking and the location of the McCarthy Center Forum
- Go to the interactive campus map to find the McCarthy Center. Parking is in the Adam's and O'Connor lots.
Does the event cost anything? Who could go?
- It is free and open to the public. We welcome people of all ages.
What kinds of items can I bring to have scanned or photographed?
- Bring up to three items to be photographed or scanned, like old photographs, letters, postcards, metals, clothes, or other artifacts. Artifacts may relate to your own experience or that of a family member. No weapons allowed.
Why bring items to the event?
- Once we scan or photograph your artifact, Framingham State University will create an online collection in the institution's digital repository. The online collection will be a wonderful way to view pictures of the event and also showcase the community's veterans artifacts.
What other cool things are happening at the event?
- Francisco A. Ureña, Massachusetts Secretary of Veterans' Services will be speaking at the event.
- Dear Dearest Mother; Still-life Montages Composed from Keepsakes of War Veterans by Professor Leslie Starobin will be displayed at the event.
- The day before the event, March 23rd is the FSU Veterans Center Grand Opening from 11am - 2pm