Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Finding a replacement for your shift is your responsibility. There are various ways to find a replacement and they are listed on this page.
Finding a Shift Replacement
All students are responsible for finding a replacement for their missed shifts. This can be achieved in several ways:
- Write your open shift on BlackBoard. If no one takes your shift, you must call other trained workers to find a replacement. If you cannot find a replacement, you either have to work the shift or let a supervisor know immediately so we can arrange coverage.
- Arrange for coverage (verbally) with another student worker and let the supervisor know of this change.
- If you are suddenly ill or have an emergency and cannot come in for your shift, please call a supervisor immediately so we can try to arrange coverage.
- At least one hours notice would be appreciated. Please do not abuse this policy.
- Your shift is your responsibility, so please act accordingly. Failure to arrange coverage or let a supervisor know that you are not coming in will result in a warning and possibly dismissal.
- If you sign up for a co-workers shift, it becomes your responsibility. If something comes up and you can no longer work the shift you signed up for, you must find a replacment.